Abu Dhabi has become one of the most attractive business hubs in the UAE. And it is because of the advanced development it has had over the years. For instance, among the newest advancements, you can find the golden visa in Abu Dhabi. This new type of visa could be a great benefit for investors.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about this new visa and its advantages. Besides, you can learn how to obtain and the documents that are necessary for the application process. Furthermore, you can also learn other relevant information about the setup process in this emirate. Let’s observe:
- What is the golden visa in the emirate of Abu Dhabi?
- How many benefits can investors obtain by having a golden visa?
- Who is eligible for the golden visa in Abu Dhabi?
- What conditions must investors fulfill to obtain a golden visa?
- How can investors apply for a golden visa in this emirate?
- What documents are necessary to obtain a golden visa?
- How much can cost to apply for this type of visa in Abu Dhabi?
- Relevant information about the investor visa in Dubai.
- How can Connectfz help you obtain more information about the golden visa for investors?
1. What is the golden visa in the emirate of Abu Dhabi?
The government of Abu Dhabi has developed a new initiative in the emirate. “Thrive in Abu Dhabi” is the name of this new initiative, which has the goal of supporting investors. This program aims to promote a new long-term residency visa known as “Golden Visa”. Its main feature is granting 10-year residency in the Gulf state.
As we previously mentioned, investors and entrepreneurs can obtain the new golden visa in this emirate. However, not only entrepreneurs and investors are able to apply for this new document. Professionals like doctors, scientists, PhD holders, engineers, educators, and many others can also obtain a golden visa in Abu Dhabi.
Along with other favorable elements provided by the Abu Dhabi government, this new factor aims to support all professionals. However, before applying for this new type of visa, it is essential to know everything about it first. Keep reading this article to find out its benefits and information about the application process.
Here you can learn about the new Multi-year business license that is available in some UAE locations.
2. How many benefits can investors obtain by having a golden visa?
Since the main goal is to accelerate economic growth, all UAE golden visa holders will obtain certain benefits. For example, some of the advantages that this visa provides are the following ones:
- It allows foreign nationals to work, live, study, and conduct business in the emirate.
- This new type of visa offers a long-term residency (5 and 10 years).
- It does not require a national sponsor.
- The golden visa also allows owners of foreign businesses to have 100 percent ownership of their businesses.
- Not only investors and entrepreneurs can obtain it, but also different professionals and students with promising scientific abilities.
Here you can learn how to convert a sole establishment to an LLC business successfully.
3. Who is eligible for the golden visa in Abu Dhabi?
Highly qualified individuals from many categories can apply for the golden visa in Abu Dhabi. Since this program works as a pathway to citizenship, it is an advantage for international talent working, studying, creating, excelling, and investing in key sectors and specialties. Let’s take a look at the categories that can apply for this visa:
- Investors (including Real Estate investors).
- Highly qualified students (including high school students and university graduates).
- Special talent (including doctors, scientists, artists, innovators, executive directors, educators, engineers, PhD holders, and sports).
Nonetheless, each of these categories has its own set of criteria for each available option. Therefore, you need to know about the conditions that you need to fulfill before applying for a golden visa.
4. What conditions must investors fulfill to obtain a golden visa?
Obtaining the golden visa in Abu Dhabi will require certain conditions to fulfill. However, these conditions may vary according to the type of professional you are. Therefore, we’ll briefly explain what investors, entrepreneurs, and real estate investors need to do to acquire a 10-year golden visa. Let’s take a look:
4.1. General investors.
If you are a general investor who wants to have long-term residency in this emirate, this is what you need:
- You need to have the ownership of a company with a share capital of at least AED 10 million. Besides, 60 percent of the capital value must be invested in non-real estate assets.
- The investor must also provide proof of full ownership of their investment. The authorities will not accept assets under a loan or mortgages. However, that is unless the investor provides proof of reservation of the investment rights for a minimum of 3 years.
- Another requirement is that the investment must have a hold period of at least 3 years.
- You will also have to provide comprehensive documentation of your family and personal insurance.
- There is an annual federal government tax that you will have to pay regularly. The fee for this tax is approximately AED 25,000, but this cost could be higher in some cases.
- There are some required documents for applying for this investor visa. Some of them are the trade license, tax clearance certificate, and the official bank statements of the last six months.
4.2. Real Estate investors.
As for this particular case, the conditions and requirements are similar. However, there are some differences between the conditions for general investors and the conditions for real estate investors. Let’s see:
- Real estate investors must provide evidence of Abu Dhabi’s unmortgaged property investment of AED 5 million or more.
- Besides, the golden visa for real estate investors has only validity of 5 years. Nonetheless, real estate investors can renew their golden visas every 5 years. However, it is only possible if the investors continue to fulfill all conditions.
- Likewise, this type of investor must provide some particular documents. For instance, it is necessary the proof of mortgage status, which can be mortgaged or released. And also, proof of real estate worth AED 2 million or more. This last one is only applicable for single or aggregate investment profiles.
Here you can learn how to obtain a renewable business license for three years in Abu Dhabi.
And in this case, some other conditions and requirements are applicable for entrepreneurs. Nonetheless, entrepreneurs can only apply for a 5-year golden visa in Abu Dhabi. Let’s see the requirements that an entrepreneur needs to meet:
- Entrepreneurs must own a project worth AED 500 thousand or more. In addition, it must count on the relevant government accreditation certificates.
- They also need to authenticate their entrepreneurship experience. In order to do that, they must provide relevant documentation.
- Besides authenticating entrepreneurship, they also have to demonstrate authentic entrepreneurial experience. Similarly, it must be done by using relevant information.
- An entrepreneur must have the legal responsibility and willingness to set up a company and relocate to Abu Dhabi Mainland.
- Other relevant documentation will be necessary to have clear planning and understanding of the ongoing entrepreneurial venture.
- Among the required documents, entrepreneurs must provide the trade license. Also, proof of enterprise status will be a requirement. This last one could be the purchase of an existing business worth AED 500 thousand or the approval from a business incubator.
5. How can investors apply for a golden visa in this emirate?
The application process for obtaining a golden visa in Abu Dhabi is very simple. All you need to do is following these steps:
- Enter the e-channel portal system in Abu Dhabi with the Ministry of Interior.
- Set up and obtain pre-approval for the golden visa application.
- After that, you need to start the e-channel portal service from the “Visit Visa for Investors” section.
- And then, you have to select the golden visa that you desire. You can choose between a 5-year visa and a 10-year visa.
- After choosing your visa, complete the application forms and upload the required documents.
- Wait for the necessary approval. After obtaining approval, you need to undertake the standard New Visa process or transfer of visa onto the golden visa.
After applying for nomination and uploading your documents, you will receive your visa. Also, you must remember that the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship will verify your application before.
Here you can learn how to apply for the business license that you need in Ajman.
6. What documents are necessary to obtain a golden visa?
Whether you choose a 5-year or 10-year golden visa in Abu Dhabi, you’ll need to provide three main documents. Firstly, you’ll have to submit a copy of your passport. Secondly, a passport-sized photo will be also necessary. And lastly, you need to provide your Emirates ID and existing UAE resident visa.
However, investors need to provide additional documents in certain cases, which will depend on the owned assets. For instance, some cases require proof of investment and bank statements for proof of deposit and value in the UAE. Besides, a property validation certificate from the Department of Urban Planning and Municipalities can also be a requirement.
Here you can discover a comparison between the most affordable free zones in the UAE to set up a business.
7. How much can cost to apply for this type of visa in Abu Dhabi?
Before applying for a golden visa in Abu Dhabi, you must be aware of the cost it represents. Remember that there are two long-term residency visas, which are the 5-year visa and the 10-year visa. Regardless of the golden visa you choose, there are some fees that you must pay.
For example, the visa cancellation costs AED 165, while the entry permit costs AED 400. On the other hand, the change of status could cost like AED 625. You also need to cover other costs, like the issue of the new visa and the Emirates ID.
If you apply for a 5-year visa, the process of issuing the document will cost AED 900. Also, the Emirates ID for this visa costs AED 575. On the other hand, issuing a 10-year visa can cost AED 1,400. Meanwhile, the Emirates ID for this visa costs AED 1,075.
8. Relevant information about the investor visa in Dubai.
In case you want to set up in Dubai, you can apply for a 3-year investor visa in Dubai. This document is also perfect for foreign ex-pats who desire to set up their businesses. As its name says, it has a validity of 3 years. And besides allowing the investor to live and work in Dubai, it also acts as a sponsor for family members.
Here you can learn about the process to apply for a commercial license in the emirate of Dubai.
9. How can Connectfz help you obtain more information about the golden visa for investors?
Obtaining your visa document is one of the most important steps to start operating a company in the UAE. And with Connectfz as your business setup partner, you can get your visa immediately. Also, you won’t have to spend too much money. Feel free to request our visa and government services to obtain your visa.
Besides, you can also request any of our other services to improve your business operations or activities. For example, you can use our HR consultancy services to make improvements in your human resources department. Likewise, you can request other services, like payroll, recruitment, staff outsourcing, and many other useful services.
Would you like to contact Connectfz to know more about the available types of business licenses in Abu Dhabi and the UAE? If you have any questions, call us on +97143316688. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will talk to one of our representatives who will answer your questions.