If you go to Dubai, you will be able to find endless and profitable business opportunities that you can enjoy. And you can choose any kind of activities to start your desired company in this popular location in the UAE. For example, opening a facility management company in Dubai can be a profitable business idea.
In this article, you’ll learn everything you need to know about this type of business and how to operate it. And also, you will find relevant information about the company formation process of this kind of business in Dubai. Plus you can also find out the benefits of running a business like this in a city like Dubai. Let’s observe:
- What is the facility management business about and how to operate it in Dubai?
- Why should start your facility management company in the emirate of Dubai, UAE?
- How many rules and regulations must facility management companies follow in the UAE?
- What are the steps that you must follow to set up your facility management business in Dubai?
- How can you apply for a business license for running your facility management company?
- What documents will you need in order to complete the business setup process in Dubai?
- What is the cost of setting up this type of company in Dubai, UAE?
- How can Connectfz help you set up your facility management company in a location like Dubai?
1. What is the facility management business about and how to operate it in Dubai?
A company that operates facility management activities belongs to a very profitable industry that is thriving in cities like Dubai. Therefore, it’s possible to find investors from all around the world who are looking forward to running a business like this. In fact, Dubai welcomes all these investors and provides support, so they can succeed in setting up their companies.
And since Dubai offers the necessary resources and supports services, it’s now one of the best locations for this industry. Nonetheless, if you’re also looking forward to establishing your facility management company in Dubai, you must learn about this sector. This way, you’ll be able to confirm that you feel ready to start building your business in this popular location.
Firstly, you must learn about the tasks and activities that a company of this type usually carries out. And as its name indicates, it carries out different tasks that are related to managing multiple facilities. Some of the most common facilities that this kind of business manages are office buildings, manufacturing/factory complexes, shopping centers, etc.
1.1. How many types of facility management companies are there?
You should also know that there are several types of facility management companies that operate in Dubai and other locations. For example, these are some of the most common types of companies that are related to this industry:
- Space management and migration.
- Hardware inspection and maintenance.
- Fire safety.
- Business continuity.
- Environment, health, and safety.
- Security services.
1.2. What are the usual responsibilities of all facility management companies?
Another thing that you should be aware of is the number of responsibilities that your company will have. However, these duties may change or vary according to the organization and discipline in which you work. Even though there is that possibility, all of them must minimize waste and improve productivity.
Let’s take a look at other responsibilities that a facility management company in Dubai must have:
- It must identify the service areas that need improvements.
- It also must keep up with every change in the regulations of the industry.
- This type of company must complete all duties on a regular basis.
- Another important responsibility is responding to emergencies in a timely and peaceful manner.
- It is a must to keep track of all inefficiencies and problems, as well as report on them.
- An FM company should be able to calculate the costs of all products and equipment necessary to complete tasks.
- And lastly, it must delegate and coordinate FM efforts at the same time.
2. Why should start your facility management company in the emirate of Dubai, UAE?
By setting up a facility management company in Dubai, you can enjoy several benefits that allow you to achieve success. For example, this city is one of the most advanced and successful business hubs in the world. In other words, it provides countless business opportunities and support to those investors who want to set up their companies.
Besides, Dubai is also known for boasting thousands of hotels, shopping malls, office buildings, and tourist attractions. In addition, you can also find hundreds of new construction projects that are getting developed every day. Therefore, this emirate is the ideal place for setting up a facility management company, which can surely reach success quickly.
As these construction projects become numerous, it creates a demand for cleaning services and more. Furthermore, those projects need to be managed by experts that work in the facility management industry directly. So if you have experience and you want to open your company, Dubai is undoubtedly your best option.
3. How many rules and regulations must facility management companies follow in the UAE?
All FM companies must meet certain requirements and follow some rules that the RERA set up in 2010. For example, companies and professionals will receive different licenses according to the scale of their services.
Besides, providing appropriate licenses will allow them to determine the services that companies provide. Nonetheless, any company can improve its qualities in order to obtain a more suitable license to carry out its activities. Although there are many other regulations, you should consult them with a specialist to obtain more accurate information.
Here you can discover the main differences between a mainland visa and a free zone visa in the UAE.
4. What are the steps that you must follow to set up your facility management business in Dubai?
Firstly, you need to select your business location in Dubai, which can be a free zone or the mainland. Each of those locations will provide different benefits for your business, so be sure to choose the most suitable option. Then, you must choose a proper name to identify your company, but make sure to follow certain rules.
And then, you will need to apply for a business license that covers your business activities. You have to follow some simple steps to complete this stage of the setup process. But once you have completed it, your next step is getting the visas you need for you and your family.
You must submit all necessary documents to get both your license and the visas that you requested. And lastly, you will have to open a business bank account for your company to finish the process. After doing all these things, you can operate your company.
5. How can you apply for a business license for running your facility management company?
Getting a suitable business license is an essential stage of the business setup process of any company in the UAE. In Dubai, your jurisdiction options are free zones and the mainland, but the application process is carried out with different authorities. For example, if you chose to set up in Dubai Mainland, you must submit your application to the DED.
On the other hand, if you chose a free zone, you must submit your application to the free zone authorities. Nonetheless, the application process is quite the same in any of these jurisdictions that you choose for your business. Besides, the general documents that you will need are the same for each option.
There are three standard documents that the license application process requires:
- A few color passport-size photographs.
- Your completed application form.
- And a passport copy of the owner.
Find out the information you require to complete the setup process of a food truck business in a UAE free zone.
6. What documents will you need in order to complete the business setup process in Dubai?
In order to complete the setup process of your facility management company in Dubai, you must prepare the required paperwork. But you should keep in mind that the process may require some additional documents depending on the location you choose. Now then, let’s see some of the general documents that you will surely need:
- Your filled application form.
- A few passport copies of the owner and all business partners too.
- Also, you will need a copy of the Jinsiya (naturalization book of your local partners).
- If the expatriate is already on a work visa, it will be necessary a NOC letter from international partners’ sponsors. But in case the shareholder is on a visit visa, their UID number will be necessary.
- Depending on the form of the business operation that you’ll conduct, you’ll need primary approval from the pertinent authorities.
- Your Ejari registration along with the rental contract and your name registration certificate is also necessary.
7. What is the cost of setting up this type of company in Dubai, UAE?
You should know that the cost of opening your facility management company in Dubai may vary according to several things. For example, some vital factors that influence the setup cost are the chosen jurisdiction, the company size, the business structure, etc. Other elements that you must take into account are your business license and the activities that you will carry out.
If you are looking for cost-effective alternatives, you should choose a free zone as your business location. In these locations, the cost of a trade license package is around AED 15,000 and AED 25,000. Besides, these packages include at least one visa in most cases, which is a great advantage for you.
And besides covering all required fees during the setup process, you must also consider other expenses after establishing your company. For example, it is a must to renew your trade license every year in order to keep operating your business. However, the renewal cost is lower than the first-time application fee.
Discover more useful information about the Ajman Free Zone and some tips regarding the company setup process in this place.
8. How can Connectfz help you set up your facility management company in a location like Dubai?
If you are interested in opening a facility management company in Dubai, you should contact a business setup professional. And Connectfz is your best option for setting up your desired business in this popular emirate of the UAE. With our team, you will be able to receive several services to speed up your company formation process.
And if you need guidance or professional advice, we can provide you with it so you can operate your business better. Besides, we can help you make crucial decisions during your setup process, such a selecting a suitable location and license. Also, make sure to choose one of our business packages to receive your license, visas, and the required facilities.
Once you have established your company in Dubai or any other place, you can request other services for your business. For example, you can get tax advisory services to help you understand the tax system in your business location. Or you can also get some services for your HR department, like payroll services, HR consultancy, and many others.
Would you like to contact Connectfz to obtain more tips and information about the business setup process of a Facility Management Company in Dubai, UAE? If you have any questions, call us on +97143316688. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will talk to one of our representatives who will answer your questions.