Legal documents are vital for getting hired or setting up a company in a specific business location. These elements allow individuals to reach their goals in a legal way, and it also brings benefits to them. But in this case, we will focus on one specific document; the NOC in UAE. If you want to work or set up in the UAE, you must learn about this document.
In this article, you will learn all you need to know about the NOC letter and everything it involves. For instance, here you can find information about its importance and how it works, which will help you understand better. Also, you will be able to find relevant information about the process to obtain it. Let’s observe:
- What is the NOC letter in the UAE and why is it important?
- Does the NOC letter allow employees to work in another country?
- Can employees work for two employers at the same time in the UAE?
- Is it necessary to provide a NOC letter to apply for a visa?
- How can you complete the process to get a NOC letter?
- What are the key elements that a basic NOC letter must contain?
- How can you apply for a part-time work permit in the UAE?
- How can Connectfz help you obtain more information about the NOC in the UAE?
1. What is the NOC letter in the UAE and why is it important?
In case you’re not aware of what is NOC in UAE, here we will show you everything about it. First of all, you must know that it is a legal document known as a No Objection Certificate. However, it is commonly known by its acronyms NOC in many countries, including the UAE.
Normally, an organization or an individual can issue this type of legal document for one main reason. The main function of it is letting know that there are no objections to the points made within the document. Nonetheless, it is only a requirement that is necessary when purchasing a property in the UAE.
In that case, the developer needs to give a clear title on the purchased property by using the NOC. Besides, it will help them show that all the service changes and utilities have been paid too. In other words, it proves that there’s no objection from the developer to another individual buying the property.
Although you now know the basic information about the NOC in UAE, you should learn more about it. For example, you should learn about its content and how to obtain it in some other cases too. Therefore, keep reading this article to discover all the information you need to know about this document.
Here you can learn about the most favorable business opportunities that you can find in Dubai, UAE.
2. Does the NOC letter allow employees to work in another country?
The answer is yes; all employees have the opportunity to travel to another country for work purposes. Nonetheless, it will be necessary to obtain a No Objection Certificate letter from their employer or sponsor. Certainly, the process to obtain this document must be done before they leave their home country.
You should also know that this letter is usually written by the employer of the HR department of the company. However, that is in case the employee has already applied for a visa. On the other hand, if you’re an employee, it’s also possible to request a NOC from your boss or manager.
As a tip, you should have a clear idea regarding the duration of your stay in the other country. Keeping that in mind, you will be able to manage your time and workload properly. Besides, it will also allow you to return to your home country without having any problems.
3. Can employees work for two employers at the same time in the UAE?
Employees can get two jobs in the UAE; the main one (full-time job), and the secondary one (part-time job). However, the UAE labor law has strict rules regarding this matter and you should know about them. For example, if an employee desired to have two jobs, they needed a NOC letter to work in other company.
Nonetheless, these rules have been modified during the last few years to make them more flexible. In fact, the MOHRE (Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation) introduced a new system for this process. This new system allows employees to have many part-time jobs now without requiring approval from their main employer.
Nonetheless, a NOC letter from their sponsor is necessary in case they are in the country on a family visa. After obtaining a No Objection Certificate, they must submit it to the MOHRE to apply for a part-time work permit.
Here you can learn about the LLC company formation process in the UAE and its advantages for you.
4. Is it necessary to provide a NOC letter to apply for a visa?
It is not a requirement to provide a No Objection Certificate to apply for a visa in the UAE. However, there is a specific type of visa that actually requires it during the application process. The type of visa that requires a NOC in UAE is the Schengen Visa. You’d probably desire to know about this document.
The Schengen Visa has the main function that is allowing an individual to travel to another country. Although this document will allow the person to travel as a tourist, it will have other functions. For instance, it will help them to fulfill their reason for visit, which can be academic, official, or vacation time.
4.1. Who can apply for this type of visa in the UAE?
There are two main categories of people who can apply for a Schengen Visa in the UAE. Those are the following ones:
- Individuals who hold UAE passports and have been previously refused visa-free entry to the Schengen area.
- Foreigners who live in the UAE by using a temporary or permanent residence permit. These should be nationals of a country that already has an agreement on a visa-free regime with Schengen. Another valid case is that these foreigners are from a country that doesn’t have a visa-free regime with Schengen.
Here you can learn about the initiative of the DED that allows free zone companies to work on the mainland.
5. How can you complete the process to get a NOC letter?
There are methods to get a No Objection letter from sponsor to work for visa purposes mostly. However, these methods can vary according to the type of business where the applicant works. Let’s take a look at the basic method’s steps you should follow to obtain this document:
- The first step consists of seeking permission from your sponsor or employer to take time off for visa purposes. This should be during the time span in which you plan to visit the other country.
- After that, you will receive the required approval. And once you have received it, you can write your NOC letter. Remember that you can also have a professional coworker who can write your letter of no opposition.
Here you can learn about the textile industry and how it’s growing as a successful business sector in the UAE.
6. What are the key elements that a basic NOC letter must contain?
If you want to learn to create a draft of a NOC in UAE, here’s how you should do it. Follow this example of a basic format to create this document:
- Firstly, it is essential to mention the date at the beginning of the NOC document.
- In order to show the authenticity of your NOC, it should be on an official letter head.
- After that, it should mention the applicant’s name below. Keep in mind that it must spell the name exactly like in the verification identities of the applicant.
- It also must indicate the applicant’s designation that he/she holds in the organization prior to applying for the visa.
- It must show the amount of salary that the applicant receives in the company prior to applying for the visa.
- Also, it should mention the date of joining on which the applicant wants to start operating in the company.
- A vital element that the NOC must contain is a genuine reason for the procurement of a visa for the other country. Therefore, in this section, the applicant must be precise when describing the reason why he/she needs the visa.
- Besides, the document must mention the contact details of the Human Resources department. This is in case the applicant was working prior to filling for a visa.
- It should also mention the designation of the NOC approving officer.
- The NOC also has to indicate the address of the company the applicant seeks to procure the visa for.
- And lastly, it must include the date of the validity of the document. This detail denotes the duration of the applicant until which he/she can operate in another country.
7. How can you apply for a part-time work permit in the UAE?
On the other hand, if you want to obtain a part-time work permit, you will need a NOC in UAE. This type of permit can bring you many benefits, such as getting extra income, experience, and skills. Nonetheless, you should learn how to apply for this permit before obtaining a part-time job.
Firstly, you should know that you get this special permit from the MOHRE (Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratisation). Besides, it is important to be aware of its duration and the fees it requires. A part-time work permit is only valid for one year, and your part-time employer must pay an AED 600 fee.
This cost consists of two main fees, which are the application fee (AED 100) and the approval fee (AED 500). Another important detail that must be considered is the consequences of working for another company without a work permit. In this case, the hiring company or organization must face a fine of AED 50,000.
In order to apply for this permit, you will need these documents:
- A passport copy.
- A colored photograph of the applicant.
- NOC letter from sponsor (if applicable).
- A copy of the business’s trade licenses.
- Copy of the residency visa.
- A copy of the new work contract.
- Relevant academic qualifications.
- A letter of approval from the pertinent authorities.
Here you can learn about the process to apply for a renewable 3-year business license in Abu Dhabi.
8. How can Connectfz help you obtain more information about the NOC in the UAE?
As you can see, the NOC in UAE is necessary in order to work in the country or abroad. Besides, it is also useful when applying for a specific visa or purchasing a property in the UAE. Therefore, you should request consultancy services in case you need help to obtain your NOC letter.
Working with Connectfz by your side is your best chance to obtain what you need and fulfill your requirements. The main reason for this is that you will be able to follow professional tips and advice. Besides, you can also learn about the business setup process in case you want to build your own company.
However, if you have already built your business, you can make it more efficient with support services. For example, requesting recruitment services is the best option to find and hire the employees you need. Other services you might need are staff outsourcing, tax advisory, payroll, visa services, and many others.
Would you like to contact Connectfz to obtain more relevant information that you may need about the NOC (No Objection Certificate) in the UAE? If you have any questions, call us on +97143316688. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will talk to one of our representatives who will answer your questions.