The UAE is a popular destination for travelers from everywhere, who need to get a visa to enter the country. And whether they get a tourist or visit visa, they must be aware of the duration of the visa’s validity. Not complying with it and overstaying can lead to an overstay fine in the UAE.

In this article, you will learn about the Tourist or Visit Visa overstay fine that the UAE government has announced. Visitors who overstay in the country will need to pay this fine and issue an out pass or leave permit. Here, we will also explain how to obtain this permit. Let us observe:

1. What is an overstay fine in the UAE?

2. What is an Out Pass or Leave Permit in the UAE?

3. Learn more about this topic with Connect FZ

1. What is an overstay fine in the UAE?

overstay fine in the UAE

Recently, the UAE government has announced the implementation of new fines as penalties for overstaying on a UAE Tourist/Visit Visa. In other words, all visitors who stay in the country after their visas expired will have to pay applicable fines. And apart from paying the overstay fine in the UAE, they also need to obtain a specific permit to fly out of the UAE.

A customer service representative at the GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs) in Dubai has confirmed this information. Several Emirati agencies have also confirmed that visitors who have overstayed cannot exit the UAE without getting an out pass. And they must get this out pass at the airport and immigration offices located at the land borders.

As for the penalties, visitors can find their overstay fine check online and must pay AED 50 per day of overstay. However, you should also know that travelers under visit visas can obtain a 10-day grace period from the visa expiry date. But if they stay after the grace period ends, they will start accruing overstay fines.

Nonetheless, if there are airport closures or flight cancellations that will not allow visitors to exit the country, fines will not be imposed.

1.1 Where can visitors pay these fines?

Visitors who have overstayed and must pay these fines should do it at any of the entry ports. It can be at an airport, land border, or seaport in any of the 7 emirates. Take into account that all points of entry are equipped with immigration officers and systemized processes. This way, it is possible to collect fines and help visitors make their exit hassle-free. Or they can choose a second option, which is paying their fines at immigration offices, Amer offices, or typing centres.

2. What is an Out Pass or Leave Permit in the UAE?

As we mentioned before, visitors who have overstayed must pay an overstay fine in the UAE and get an out pass. With this document, they can legally exit the UAE after overstaying in the country and paying the respective fines. Keep in mind that there are two ways to obtain this permit:

  • Apply for it at the airport and immigration offices located at the land borders.
  • Get it at the Al Awir Immigration office in Dubai.

In addition, you must be prepared to pay a certain fee for your out pass to exit the country. Some reports have confirmed that visitors can get it for a fee that ranges between AED 200 and AED 300.

3. Learn more about this topic with Connect FZ

It is essential to know about this topic in case you are visiting the UAE and overstaying in the country. With Connect FZ as your partner, our specialists will help you solve this issue in no time. And besides, we can help you get the out pass you need to leave the country immediately.

On the other hand, our specialists can also provide many other services and solutions for individuals and companies, including:

Do you need to get a UAE Out Pass? You can easily solve this issue with Connect FZ as your ally. We will guide you throughout the process to get this particular permit to leave the UAE and avoid further penalties. But first, make sure to call us at +971 43 316 688 or email us at to get more information.

On the other hand, if you need to find a new job in the UAE, you need to visit This site offers lots of new job opportunities that are currently available in the UAE and other Middle East locations. And once you have found an offer that suits you, you can send your CV to to apply for it.

Connect Freezone

Connect FreezoneConnect free Zone is the go to place when it comes to company set up services, you will find standard pricing, discounts and packages for the most popular free zones across the UAE as well as the ability for Connect FZ to sponsor your company and set up on mainland Dubai.