In Dubai, entrepreneurs and startups can find plenty of opportunities to start a business. Besides, in this emirate, they can find many free zones to choose from. Among those locations, there’s the Dubai Outsource Free Zone, also known as Dubai Outsource City (DOC). However, it is important to learn more about it before getting started.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about Dubai Outsource City. You can discover relevant information about this location to start considering it as your ideal free zone. For instance, here you can find the benefits you can obtain from it, the available licenses, etc. Let’s observe:
- What is the Dubai Outsource City (DOC) Free Zone?
- Why should you consider setting up your company in this free zone?
- What benefits can you obtain for your business in DOC free zone?
- The allowed types of entities that investors can establish in this location.
- Available business licenses in Dubai Outsource Free Zone.
- How to complete the business setup process in Dubai Outsource City?
- What requirements are necessary to register a new company in this free zone?
- Other Dubai free zones in which you can set up a company.
- How can Connectfz help you register your company in this location?
1. What is the Dubai Outsource City (DOC) Free Zone?
The Dubai Outsource Free Zone or Dubai Outsource City was launched in 2007. The main purpose of its foundation is to cater to the demand of outsourcing companies. And since the outsourcing industry is growing exponentially in Dubai, it was necessary to create this location. Besides, it provides better services and more resources to make this industry more profitable.
Currently, this free zone has become a performing business park, which is home to more than 8,000 professionals. Also, Dubai Outsource City is a community that houses more than 160 business partners. This location is also known for providing a multicultural environment by employing more than 150 nationalities.
Moreover, Dubai Outsource City has a good neighboring affiliate community, which is Dubai International Academic City. This community also offers a business advantage to a pool of more than 27,000 students available for jobs. In other words, DOC’s business partners can hire these students for temporary or part-time jobs.
To summarize, this free zone has the necessary resource to boost the outsourcing industry. Also, you can find lots of nationalities specializing in IT, HR, back-office support, and call center operations. If you’re planning to establish an outsourcing business, this is the ideal place for you. Let’s take a look at some relevant information regarding this location.
Here you can learn about the retail business in the UAE and its situation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Why should you consider setting up your company in this free zone?
You can find many reasons why setting up a business here can be an advantage. In Dubai Outsource Free Zone, investors can easily add their companies to the Dubai Free Zone companies list. That is one of the main advantages of this location. However, it is essential to know more about it before making a decision. Therefore, let’s see some other reasons why it’s an ideal business place for you:
- In this location, investors can develop many activities, including information technology management, transaction processing, document management, etc. Other activities could be customer care, operations support, and many others.
- Another advantage of the Dubai Outsource Free Zone is the presence of regional and global companies. You can find many well-known companies in this free zone, like MENA Business Services, Air Travel Enterprise, etc.
- The process to incorporate and register a company is easy and simple. However, it could be a not very straightforward process. Therefore, it is suggestible to refer to a business setup consultant before getting started.
Here you can learn about all of the elements that helped Dubai to become a successful business hub.
2.1. Services provided by Dubai Outsource City.
Besides the other advantages, all investors can use several services to improve their businesses. For instance, these are some guaranteed services:
- IP telephony.
- Automatic call distribution.
- High-speed Internet connectivity.
- Predictive dialing system.
- Satellite communication services.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) facilities.
- Technical support.
- Incorporation and licensing.
- Recruitment and immigration services.
- Land leasing.
- Business center services.
- Affordable on-site housing.
- Research centers.
3. What benefits can you obtain for your business in DOC free zone?
All investors can obtain certain benefits to boost their businesses. Besides the previously mentioned advantages, there are other elements you can use as favorable factors. For example, once you start operating a company in Dubai Outsource Free Zone, you’ll receive these benefits:
- 100 percent of foreign ownership.
- Full repatriation of profits and capital.
- No currency restrictions.
- Metro Ethernet environment.
- Full exemption from personal and corporate income tax for 50 years.
- Essential services, including health, safety, and security services.
- Opportunity for market and channel development.
- World-class communications infrastructure based on next-generation technologies.
- Investors have the opportunity for business interaction and networking.
- This free zone offers digital voice and high-speed data services at competitive rates.
- Investors can join dynamic international communities.
Here you can learn some interesting facts about the business license in Ajman Free Zone.
4. The allowed types of entities that investors can establish in this location.
In Dubai Outsource Free Zone, you are free to choose the type of company you want to establish. However, there are only two options to choose from. But most importantly, it’s essential to know about them to successfully establish one of them. Therefore, let’s take a look at these options carefully:
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC): this is a separate legal entity. It has shareholders as corporates and/or individuals. It is a requirement to have a minimum share capital to set up one of these companies. However, the share capital amount will depend on the type of business activities you want to develop.
- A branch of a UAE or a foreign company: unlike the other option, this entity is dependent on its parent company. However, it is not necessary to have a minimum share capital to open a branch office.
5. Available business licenses in Dubai Outsource Free Zone.
Depending on the type of business activities you choose, you’ll need a license to cover them. However, the Dubai Free Zone license cost will vary according to the type of license you require. Let’s take a look at some of the licenses you can apply for in this location:
- Commercial License: you can apply for it if your company will develop trading activities. For instance, the most common trading activities you can carry out are buying or selling products.
- Services License: in this case, only companies that provide services can obtain this license. For example, those who are service providers, professionals, artisans, or craftsmen must apply for it.
- Industrial license: on the other hand, the industrial license is essential to develop industrial and manufacturing activities. Also, it covers other related activities, including manufacturing different types of goods, metal casing, and more.
Here you can learn about the application process to obtain a business license in Sharjah.
6. How to complete the business setup process in Dubai Outsource City?
If you have decided to establish your company here, you will need to follow certain steps. Here we will explain briefly the process you need to complete to achieve your goals. Let’s see:
- Firstly, you must be sure to meet all requirements. You can check on a list we made for you below, in which we include all details. Those elements will be essential to complete the registration process.
- Secondly, you must submit an application form for initial approval and the required legal documents. After that, you must sign the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Thirdly, you have to deposit a share of capital. And then, sign and return the Customer Confirmation Letter and make the payment.
- Finally, sign a lease and personnel sponsorship agreement.
7. What requirements are necessary to register a new company in this free zone?
Another thing you must do before registering your business is meeting certain requirements. All companies must gather some documents to complete the registration process in Dubai Outsource Free Zone. For example, here you can find a list of the usual requirements. Read carefully the following list and follow the instructions. Here’s what you need to gather and submit:
- Your application form for company registration.
- An application form for a license.
- Your company’s business plan.
- The original Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Proof of share capital.
- Personal details of each shareholder.
- Color copies of the passports of the manager and the shareholders.
- Agreement of personnel secondment.
- Board resolution.
- Specimen signature of the manager.
- The registration fee and license fee.
- The Certificate of Authorization for the GCC Standardization Organization (GSO).
On the other hand, you take into consideration some other requirements. For instance, the investor must have a minimum share capital of AED 300,000. Also, it is important to have at least one director and one shareholder (a company or an individual). After meeting these other requirements, you’ll be able to open your company.
Here you can read our step-by-step guide to help new investors to set up their businesses in the UAE.
8. Other Dubai free zones in which you can set up a company.
If you check on a Dubai Free Zone map, you’ll be able to discover other interesting locations. In Dubai, you can find more than 20 free zones and choose between them. However, you will need to determine your type of business activities before selecting your location. For instance, if you build a media-related business, you should choose Dubai Media City (DMC). The main reason is that this location is dedicated to the media industry, which makes it more favorable.
If you are interested in finding other popular free zones in Dubai, here are some of them:
- Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
- Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA).
- Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA).
- DMCC (Dubai Multi Commodities Centre).
- Dubai Healthcare City (DHC).
- DSOA (Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority).
Remember to analyze each location before choosing the most appropriate one. Also, it is important to remember that some of them are dedicated to specific industries. As for the rest, they dedicate their spaces and services to a variety of business sectors. You can also request professional help in case you are not sure what to choose.
Here you can learn about the main differences between free zone companies and mainland companies in the UAE.
9. How can Connectfz help you register your company in this location?
Building up a company can be easier with a business setup partner. Besides, investors can save a lot of time and money with a partner’s help. That’s why Connectfz is willing to help you to establish your business in Dubai Outsource Free Zone. This way, you’ll be able to complete the registration process easier and faster.
However, we can also help you to choose between other free zones. If this location does not fit your requirements, you can select another free zone to develop your business. Moreover, we can also give you professional advice to fulfill your business requirements. Also, we offer many useful packages that include licenses and visas for you.
And lastly, if you need more help to improve your company, you can count on us. Feel free to contact us and check on the different services we provide. For instance, we provide banking services, tax advisory services, payroll services, and many more. You can upgrade your company with any of our services and make it more efficient.
Would you like to contact Connectfz to know more about Dubai Outsource City and the process to set up a company in this free zone? If you have any questions, call us on +97143316688. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will talk to one of our representatives who will answer your questions.