Investors and entrepreneurs who desire to set up their companies in the UAE are free to choose between many jurisdictions. And when it comes to free zones, you can find more than 40 available locations, with SAIF Zone among the most popular. But before making a decision, it is vital to get information about it and learn about the advantages of this location.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about SAIF Zone in Sharjah and its benefits. On the other hand, we will mention the available licenses, company structures, and required documents for the company formation process. And with this information, it will be easier for you to make the right decisions and start your setup process. Let’s observe:
- What is the SAIF Zone in the Sharjah emirate?
- How many facilities are available in the SAIF Zone for business setup?
- What types of business licenses are available in the SAIF Zone?
- What advantages can you get by setting up your business in the SAIF Zone?
- How can Connect FZ help you establish your company in the SAIF Zone?
1. What is the SAIF Zone in the Sharjah emirate?
In the third most popular UAE emirate, which is Sharjah, you can find the most dynamic free zone in the country. The Sharjah Airport International Free Zone or SAIF Zone is among the favorite business locations due to many reasons. For example, it provides a wide range of benefits and allows a variety of business activities.
On the other hand, many foreign investors and entrepreneurs who have chosen this free zone confirm how beneficial it is. For instance, this jurisdiction allows them to easily connect with a potential customer base thanks to its strategic location. Below, you will discover many other advantages that this free zone provides.
1.1. Company structures allowed in SAIF Zone
When setting up companies in SAIF Zone, investors and entrepreneurs need to select a company structure that suits their businesses. And in this free zone, the authorities allow the company formation of three main types of entities or company structures. Now, let’s take a brief look at these structures:
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE): this legal structure requires one shareholder.
- Free Zone Company (FZC): an FZC requires more than one shareholder. And shareholders can be individuals or other corporate entities.
- Branch of an existing company: if you own a company in or outside the UAE, you can open a branch office in SAIF Zone.
1.2. Steps to set up your company in SAIF Zone
In order to complete the company formation process, you must follow a number of easy steps. Firstly, you should know that each of the SAIF Zone companies has a particular company structure, which can be any of the ones we mentioned before. Therefore, you will first need to select the option that best suits your business.
Secondly, you must determine your business activities so you can apply for a license that covers them. After that, you will receive your license, and your residency process will begin. During this process, the authorities will process and stamp your residency permit. Once all these steps are completed, you can start your operations in the free zone.
1.3. Required documents for the company formation process
Apart from following the steps we previously mentioned, you must also provide these documents to set up in SAIF Zone:
- The required application form. Remember that you must duly fill and enclose it.
- A summary of your business project.
- A few passport copies of the owners or managers of the business.
- In case you are setting up a branch, a certificate of incorporation or registration will be necessary.
- And if it is a foreign branch, the Memorandum and Articles of Association will be required.
- For both local and foreign branches, investors must provide their Board Resolution and Power of Attorney appointing the individual(s) in charge.
2. How many facilities are available in the SAIF Zone for business setup?
Choosing a suitable facility to operate their businesses is one of the decisions that investors find the most complicated. And also, this is one of the most vital elements that they must carefully choose during the company formation process. Therefore, it is recommendable to seek advice from local experts before making a final decision.
On the other hand, it is also essential to be aware of the available options. In SAIF Zone, you will find modern, world-class facilities designed for different purposes. For example, you can find customizable warehouses, flexible office space alternatives, plots of land, labour accommodation, and more.
2.1. Office spaces
In this free zone, you will find three main types of office space options to choose from, which are:
- SAIF Suite: it consists of an executive suite office with modern IT and telecommunication infrastructure. Besides, this option comes with the offer of an 8-visa quota.
- Executive SAIF Office: this option offers unfurnished but fully customizable office space. Plus, it also covers all utility charges. In addition, this option comes with advanced IT and telecommunication infrastructure plus a 5-visa quota.
- SAIF Office: this last option consists of a fully furnished executive desk space. And just like the previous option, it includes modern IT and telecommunication infrastructure. Furthermore, it comes with a 3-visa quota.
2.2. Labour accommodation
This is an additional benefit that all investors/entrepreneurs can get after the incorporation of their companies in the SAIF Zone. And this element includes well-maintained and fully-furnished spaces that allow them to accommodate their employees. In addition, the labour accommodation space also includes air conditioning and a choice of recreational facilities. And it may include additional amenities to cater to the different needs of their employees.
Using a warehouse is essential for many types of businesses, especially the ones related to the industrial sector. And in SAIF Zone, you can find state-of-the-art warehouses designed for multiple purposes, including manufacturing, trading, assembling, and logistics-related activities.
In this location, warehouses also include an ample power capacity for running heavy-duty equipment. And their facilities come with built-in offices with a pantry and lavatories, as well as industrial exhaust to control the temperature inside.
Moreover, with a SAIF warehouse, you have an additional benefit, which is the proximity to retail districts. Also, you can access major logistical hubs and manpower for loading and cargo duties.
2.4. Plot of land
You can also construct your own facilities on the available land plots. And you will also benefit from the proximity to outstanding logistical hubs, on-site labour accommodation provision, utility supplies, and 24-hour security. Therefore, land plots in the Sharjah Airport International Free Zone are also perfect for manufacturing, trading, and service industry projects.
3. What types of business licenses are available in the SAIF Zone?
During your company formation process in Sharjah SAIF Zone, you will need to select a license to perform your activities. In fact, this is probably the most important documentation that you will need in order to legally operate your business. And depending on the business activities that you want to carry out, you must choose one of the following licenses:
- Trade license (standard or general trading license).
- Service license.
- Industrial license.
3.1. Trade or commercial license
This license will cover your commercial activities, which can be exporting, importing, and distributing items, among others. However, you should know that there are two types of trade licenses that you should be aware of.
The first one is a standard commercial license. In the meantime, the second one is a general trading license, which can provide additional benefits. Below, we will further explain the functions and benefits of each of these licenses.
3.1.1. Standard commercial license
While setting up their companies in SAIF Free Zone, investors and entrepreneurs can apply for a standard commercial license. With this license, they can carry out the business activities we previously mentioned, which are exporting, importing, and distributing items. In addition, this license can also cover other activities, such as consolidation, storage, and warehousing of products.
However, this license has a limit of 3 similar product lines. And your license will specify the products you will trade. Therefore, when applying for this document, you must mention the products or items you desire to trade.
3.1.2. General trading license
Apart from the standard commercial license, you can also apply for a General Trading license, which can cover additional products. In fact, with this other type of license, you can sell a larger number of allowed products.
And, of course, you can perform the commercial activities we mentioned before. Therefore, if your goal is to establish a commercial business in SAIF Zone, a General Trading license is your best option.
3.2. Service license
On the other hand, if you want to establish a business to provide services, you will need a service license. A SAIF Zone company with this license can offer all types of services that are allowed in the free zone. Nonetheless, keep in mind that this license will not cover those services restricted by Federal or local authorities.
Among the services or activities that this type of license covers, you can find the ones related to these areas:
- Business consultancy.
- Shipping and freight forwarding.
3.3. Industrial license
Those who desire to set up an industrial business in SAIF Zone must apply for an industrial license. And with this permit, they can carry out activities like importing raw materials, processing, manufacturing, assembling, packaging, and more. In addition, this license allows them to export their finished products. And also, with an industrial license, investors and entrepreneurs can perform jewelry manufacturing activities.
4. What advantages can you get by setting up your business in the SAIF Zone?
Among the most outstanding advantages that investors/entrepreneurs like you can get in this free zone, you will find the following:
- General free zone benefits, including 100% of foreign ownership, full exemption from corporate and personal income tax, and repatriation of profits and capital.
- A variety of world-class facilities for companies, such as office space options, temporary storage, container parking, warehousing, and more.
- No restrictions on the nationality of the employees you want to hire.
- No restrictions on the import and export of products and goods.
- Investors can easily open their bank accounts locally or internationally.
5. How can Connect FZ help you establish your company in the SAIF Zone?
With Connect FZ by your side, setting up your dream company in this free zone will be an easy process. Besides, we can help you find other locations in case you do not find SAIF Zone attractive or convenient enough. And this way, it will be possible for our specialists to provide the best services and ensure your company’s success.
- Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
- Dubai Multi-Commodity Center (DMCC)
- Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA)
- Dubai South Free Zone (DWC)
- Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA)
However, there are many options outside Dubai and Sharjah that you should take into consideration. In these emirates, you will also find suitable free zones:
Do you desire to start building your company in Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF)? Then, the first step you should take is to contact us by calling us right away at +971 43 316 688 to talk to one of our representatives. Or you can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain further information about our business setup services in Sharjah and other emirates.
And apart from setting up a business, many foreigners like you are also interested in finding their dream job in the UAE. In this case, the best option is to visit thetalentpoint.com to quickly discover the available job opportunities in this country. Have you already found a job to apply for? Then send us your application and CV via email to email@example.com to start your application process.