During the last few years, the e-commerce industry has been growing exponentially in many countries all over the world. And that means that this sector has also become popular in the UAE, and especially in Dubai. Therefore, many investors from everywhere need an e-trader license in Dubai if they desire to start their e-commerce businesses.
In this article, you will learn everything you should about this license and its benefits in Dubai and the UAE. Besides, here you will be able to find relevant information about the application process for obtaining this type of license. And in case you want to make this process easier, Connect Free Zone will be there to help you. Let’s observe:
- What is exactly an e-trader license in this UAE emirate?
- What is the purpose of the e-trader license in the UAE?
- How many benefits can you get by having this type of license in Dubai?
- Who can apply for this type of license in Dubai?
- What are the steps for completing the application process?
- How many documents will be necessary for applying for this license?
- Frequently asked questions related to the e-trader license in Dubai.
- How can Connect Free Zone help you apply for an e-trader license in this location?
1. What is exactly an e-trader license in this UAE emirate?
Currently, many different investors from all over the world have decided to start their businesses from home. And this new and comfortable method to start a business is now possible due to the many technological advances. As a result, the e-commerce industry bloomed in a matter of time, and even more, after the COVID-19 pandemic started.
Therefore, a new license was necessary in order to operate this kind of business legally in Dubai and the UAE. And, as a result, the authorities introduced the e-trader license in Dubai and in other locations across the country. In the Dubai emirate, there is only one main authority that issues this license; the DED (Department of Economic Development) and In case you desire to know about the available business licenses in Abu Dhabi, here you’ll find the information you need.
If you obtain this license, you can sell your products and services online, by using a website or social media. However, carrying out these activities without an e-trader license in Dubai can cause your business several issues and other disadvantages. And the main one will be facing multiple fines and penalties for operating an illegal business related to the e-commerce industry.
Therefore, it’s essential to learn about the process to obtain this important document if you want to set up your business. And you can get professional advice from Connect Free Zone in case you desire to make the process easier. Besides, you will be able to obtain a variety of benefits by requesting our many services.
2. What is the purpose of the e-trader license in the UAE?
Since the internet and social media have allowed people to become home-based investors, the e-commerce business has grown exponentially. As a matter of fact, this method of doing business through social media platforms is easier for both investors and consumers. And for investors, it is a cheaper investment option and also a more effective business method.
However, it was necessary for the DED to launch the new e-trader license in Dubai in order to regulate this industry. This way, it is possible for consumers to avoid scams and frauds while buying products online. But there are many other purposes of this new type of business license in this UAE emirate.
Before allowing all investors to apply for this license, it was limited to Emiratis and GCC nationals in Dubai only. But due to the expansion of the industry and the rising number of emigrants, the DED extended it to ex-pats too. However, there are some pre-requisites that the applicants must meet, such as being at least 21 years old and staying in Dubai and Here you can learn about the many differences that you can find between a free zone visa and a mainland visa.
And you should take into account many other elements if you desire to apply for an e-trader license in Dubai. Therefore, make sure to contact Connect Free Zone to obtain all the information you require regarding this license and its requirements. Besides, this way, you will be able to get accurate details to complete the process easily.
3. How many benefits can you get by having this type of license in Dubai?
By obtaining an e-trader license in Dubai, you can get many different benefits that will boost your online business. Besides allowing you to sell your products legally through multiple social media platforms, you can also obtain the following advantages:
- You can easily earn your customers’ confidence and trust since the license lets them know your business is legal and reliable. Besides, this license also promotes trouble-free online sales.
- With this license, your business will get legitimacy and authenticity for carrying out online trading and e-commerce activities.
- Investors with this type of license can trade, market, or sell their products through multiple online platforms. For example, they can use websites or social media platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, and many others). Furthermore, they can also sell their products via e-commerce websites, like Souq.com and more.
- This license provides startups and home-based investors with the chance of taking part in many events and exhibitions. This way, it is easier for them to showcase their products and goods.
- Investors with this license can also participate in the e-trader training program that the DED conducts.
- And lastly, an e-trader license in Dubai can safeguard the investor’s Intellectual Property and trade name.
4. Who can apply for this type of license in Dubai?
All individuals and home-based investors who desire to sell their goods and products online can get an e-trader license in Dubai. This also applies to housewives and mothers who stay at home and desire to sell products online like hand-made items. And home-based investors who do not require office space can also apply for this type of business license in Dubai and Here you will be able to learn everything related to the establishment card that you can get in the UAE.
On the other hand, freelancers who offer their different services online can also obtain an e-trader license in Dubai. And generally, many home-based businesses that have only one single owner and do not require a local partner can get this license.
And lastly, this type of license is also applicable for the sale of products through e-commerce websites. However, in this case, the license applicant must be either a UAE national or a GCC national, and this requirement is mandatory. Nonetheless, foreign ex-pats of some other nationalities can also apply for this license as long as they meet the requirements.
5. What are the steps for completing the application process?
The process to obtain an e-trader license in Dubai is simple, but with Connect Free Zone, you can make it even easier. All you need to do to complete the application process for your license is to follow some straightforward steps. And those steps are the following ones:
- Visit the DED Trader website and create your account.
- Then, you must enter all the information that the registration process requires.
- And right after completing the registration process, you must pay the required fees for the license.
Although this is one of the most affordable licenses in Dubai, you must take into account other expenses. For example, it is important to pay the renewal fee on an annual basis since the license is only valid for one year and Discover the steps you need to follow in order to apply for an industrial license in a UAE free zone.
On the other hand, it is important to meet all the requirements before starting the application process. Otherwise, there might be some delays during your license application process. The best way to avoid delays is by getting professional help from Connect Free Zone.
6. How many documents will be necessary for applying for this license?
In order to correctly complete the application for your e-trader license in Dubai, you must submit certain required documents. Besides, you must provide personal information too, including your age, address, residency details, and more relevant information. And the documents that the application process for this license requires are the following ones:
- The applicant must be located in the Dubai emirate and have a valid Emirates ID.
- And the applicant must be at least 21 years old.
- It is mandatory to register the trade name with the pertinent authorities. After that, the obtained approval must be attached to the application form.
- And lastly, it will be necessary proof of residence (the Makani number). Nonetheless, it is important to remember that the Ejari is not a requirement and If you need to renew your trade license in Dubai, here you can find information about the required documents.
7. Frequently asked questions related to the e-trader license in Dubai.
- What is the cost of an e-trader license in Dubai?
The cost of this type of business license is AED 1,070 approximately. However, if you apply for an e-trader commercial license, the cost will be around AED 1,370. This last one includes AED 300 for the Dubai Chamber of Commerce membership.
- How can I renew my e-trader license online in this emirate?
Firstly, you will need to visit the DED’s website and select the “renew license” option, which is under “My Transactions”. Then, you have to go to the “license renewal information sector” and type your license number. After that, you must click on the “renew” option.
- Is it possible to sell products outside of the emirate with this license?
With this license, you can only sell your products within Dubai. And if you want to sell them in other emirates, you must request the necessary approvals. In that case, you need to approach the Department of Economic Development of your target emirate and get their approval.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact our specialists at Connect Free Zone. With professional advisors, you will be able to get more relevant and accurate information about the e-trader license in Dubai.
8. How can Connect Free Zone help you apply for an e-trader license in this location?
If you are looking forward to starting your own e-commerce business in Dubai, you will need this type of license. As we have mentioned before, getting an e-trader license in Dubai is the only legal way to start your business. And the most recommended way to obtain this document is by getting help from our specialists from Connect Free Zone.
With our help, you’ll be able to get through the application process easily and without spending too much time or effort. In other words, we will help you skip the tedious procedures in order to obtain your license in no time. Besides, you will also be able to get professional advice to operate this type of business in this UAE location and Ajman Free Zone can be one of the best options for setting up your business, and here you’ll find relevant information.
Apart from all of this, we can also provide you with other services to help you boost your business. For instance, you can get the best banking services with Connect Free Zone, as well as other useful services. You can also get the best HR consultancy services and advice for operating your business in all aspects. All you need to do is to contact us and request them.
Would you like to contact Connect Free Zone to obtain more information about the application process for obtaining an E Trader License in Dubai, UAE? If you have any questions, call us on +97143316688. Or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will talk to one of our representatives who will gladly answer all of your questions.