Operating your own business after quitting your previous job is the dream of many individuals like you. However, this is a process that requires many elements involved, including a visa change process and, of course, costs. Therefore, learning about these details is essential to start building your business in the UAE.
In this article, you will learn everything about this visa process if you want to start operating your company. For example, here you will be able to discover the steps you must follow to complete the change process. Besides, we can provide you with some tips to achieve your goal quickly. Let’s observe:
- What is the visa change process in the UAE?
- How can you complete this process to change your visa status in the UAE?
- How to cancel your current work visa to start the process?
- What do you need to know to complete the e-channel registration?
- Why should you apply for an entry permit to change your visa?
- How to complete the status change process to activate your permit?
- What do you have to do to complete your Emirates ID registration?
- How do you get the residence visa stamp to finish the process?
- What other visa status change or transfer processes are available in the UAE?
- How can Connectfz help you obtain more information about the visa change process?
1. What is the visa change process in the UAE?
One of the reasons why the UAE is popular among business people is due to the opportunities it offers. Therefore, many of these people desire to set up a company in any of its available jurisdictions. However, they must meet certain requirements and rules in order to successfully build their businesses.
For instance, it is vital to have a valid residency visa and a valid trade license too. Both are necessary to operate any kind of business or type of company formation. In the case of the residency visa, it allows the holder to open a corporate bank account in any bank.
If you’re working as an employee but you want to become an investor, you must complete a visa change process. This is a process that allows you to remove your current visa status to obtain a new one. And in this case, you will change from an employment visa to a new business-based residence visa.
Once you have completed the visa change process in UAE, you will be able to start your own business. Although this process can be a bit tedious, you can request professional help to complete it. This way, the procedure will be easier and you will be able to save your time too.
Here you can learn about the process and benefits of applying for a free zone visa in the UAE.
2. How can you complete this process to change your visa status in the UAE?
If you are interested in completing the visa change process, you must follow the steps that we’ll explain below. However, it would be useful to learn about other details of the process besides the steps to do it. One of the things you must know is the processing time of the visa change.
While the UAE employment visa processing time 2019 takes 3 weeks approximately, changing your visa takes 60 days. Nonetheless, you can opt for other available options to allow yourself to speed it up. Now, let’s take a look at the steps you should follow to complete the process and obtain your visa:
- Firstly, you must cancel or remove your current employment visa.
- Secondly, you have to register for the e-channel.
- Thirdly, apply for a temporary entry permit.
- After that, you will need to change your status to activate your entry permit.
- Then, you have to do some medical tests and register for an Emirates ID.
- And lastly, you must obtain the required stamp for your residence visa.
3. How to cancel your current work visa to start the process?
In order to start the visa change process, your employer must do the cancellation of your current work visa. If your visa is still valid when the cancellation process is ongoing, you can stay in the country for 29 days. Therefore, you will have plenty of time to secure a new visa or change your current visa status.
As for the process to cancel your employment visa, your employer must do it through a registered typing center. But it could also be through the free zone authorities in case your document was issued by them. One of the main requirements is handing in your passport and your Emirates ID card to cancel your visa.
Although you can do this process online, it is recommendable to not make any travel plans while doing it. Also, it is highly suggestible to avoid doing this process during holidays because it could generate delays. Make sure to also pay all previous fines you might have and avoid expired vehicle registration.
4. What do you need to know to complete the e-channel registration?
The UAE government implemented an e-channel to streamline the visa change process, making the process easier for everyone. And this new method also took out most of the paperwork that the process used to require. Therefore, it has become a benefit that made visa applications more transparent and easier for all applicants.
However, this method is applicable in case your business is located outside the Dubai emirate. Now, all you have to do is to go to a typing center and register your company for online services. If not, you can also approach the free zone authorities in case your business is in a free zone.
To complete the registration, you must pay an AED 2,500 fee and an AED 5,000 refundable security deposit. After that, you’ll receive a notification letting you know that your registration is done.
Here you can learn about the best business ideas that you can use to build a profitable business in Dubai.
5. Why should you apply for an entry permit to change your visa?
Applying for an entry permit is the third step of the visa change process. The main reason why you need it is that it is a temporary employment visa. With this document, you’ll be able to stay in the country for 60 calendar days. Its issuance takes from 5 to 15 working days, but that’ll depend on the jurisdiction.
In order to apply for this permit, you can complete the process through the e-channel or DNRD. Although the issuance of this document can take several days, you can speed up the process. You can do it by paying an additional fee for the express service. This way, it is possible to reduce the waiting period and save your time.
6. How to complete the status change process to activate your permit?
The next step will be activating your entry permit by changing its status. And there are three options you can choose to complete this stage of the visa process. Those choices are the following ones:
- In-Country status adjustment: this is the main way in which you can complete this process. All you need to do is submitting your passport and entry permit to the concerned authorities. It could be a registered typing center or, in case you are in a free zone, the free zone authorities. You must pay a fee that can vary from AED 700 to AED 1,000.
- Out of Country status adjustment: there is an alternative way to complete the process in case you are traveling. You must go to the airport with your passport and entry permit and go through the manual passport control counters.
- Border Run: this is an option for passport holders who are eligible for visit visas on arrival. This method allows you to exit and re-enter the UAE border point to activate your permit. Of course, you’ll need your entry permit and passport.
Here you can learn about all of the free zone business licenses that are available in the UAE.
7. What do you have to do to complete your Emirates ID registration?
Now, you’ll need to register your Emirates ID, which is the national ID card correlated to your visa. The cost for registering this document ranges between AED 172 and AED 372. However, its cost will vary according to its validity, which must coincide with the validity of the residence visa.
In case you are applying for this document for the first time, there will be an additional procedure to complete. The biometric process is mandatory and it is about taking a photo, eye scan, and fingerprints. After that, you will have to take a medical test to complete the last stage of this process.
You will receive your results with three working days and then you can continue with the next step.
8. How do you get the residence visa stamp to finish the process?
The last step to finish the visa change process is stamping your residence visa. This is a stamp or sticker that you will receive in your passport. This is only a formality that will let you complete the process and start living and working in the UAE.
The only things you need to do are approaching the pertinent authorities and submitting your passport with other documents. Make sure your passport is valid for seven months at least. Also, it needs to have three empty pages to receive the visa stamping. This last process takes around 3 or 15 working days.
Here you can learn about the advantages of the investor Golden Visa available in the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
9. What other visa status change or transfer processes are available in the UAE?
The transferable visa UAE meaning will help you comprehend the available visa processes. This employment document allows employees to procure a residence visa even when having a new employer. There are many possible transfer options for residence visas, including these:
- From a company in a free zone to another company in a different free zone.
- Between companies located in the same free zone.
- Between government entities.
- From a government entity to a semi-government entity or vice versa.
Knowing what is transferable visa in UAE is the key to understand a process like this. Therefore, make sure to obtain relevant information about it.
Here you can learn about some reasons why it is vital to obtain approval from the National Media Council.
10. How can Connectfz help you obtain more information about the visa change process?
Completing a visa process like this can be a simple task with a highly qualified professional by your side. If you request visa services from an agency like Connectfz, you’ll finish applying for this visa in no time. Besides, you will be able to skip some tedious procedures by leaving them to us.
And once you get your visa, you can start building your company with our help and services. For instance, we can help you make some vital decisions to have a fresh start by guiding you. One of those decisions can be related to your desired business locations, licenses, packages, and many other elements.
On the other hand, you can also get the best support services to improve your company. For example, you can find the employees you need with our staffing solutions and recruitment services. We offer many services to improve your business; all you have to do is to get in touch with us.
Would you like to contact Connectfz to know more relevant information about the visa changing process in the UAE and how to complete it? If you have any questions, call us on +97143316688. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will talk to one of our representatives who will answer your questions.