Achieving your goals and reaching success are things you can do in the UAE free zones. These locations are outstanding among business people due to the advantages and services they offer. Currently, you can find more than 40 free zones, and Sharjah Free Zone is among the best ones.
In this article, you will learn everything you need to know regarding the company formation in Sharjah Free Zone. Besides, here you will also find some tips to follow when establishing your company. Moreover, we will provide you with relevant information about the business licenses in this free zone. Let’s observe:
- What is the company formation in the Sharjah free zones?
- How many free zones can you find in the Sharjah emirate?
- The information you need about Sharjah Airport International Free Zone.
- What advantages can investors obtain in Sharjah Free Zone?
- Types of business licenses available in SAIF Zone.
- How much does the business license cost in SAIF Zone?
- How can investors complete the company formation process?
- Tips you can follow to set up your company efficiently in a Sharjah free zone.
- How can Connectfz help you set up your business in Sharjah?
1. What is the company formation in the Sharjah free zones?
Sharjah is a UAE emirate in which investors from everywhere can establish their companies. It’s a popular destination due to the advantages and support services that each Sharjah free zone location offers. All of the Sharjah free zones are equipped and ready to welcome more investors and entrepreneurs every day.
The emirate of Sharjah is located among the northern emirates, next to Umm Al Quwain, Ajman, and Dubai. The strategic location of the free zones in this emirate allows investors to have easy access to many other places. Among the best locations, you can find the SAIF zone Sharjah, which is next to the Sharjah International Airport.
New investors and entrepreneurs like you have the opportunity to start doing business without limits. However, it is always essential to know more about each free zone. Most importantly, knowing how the company formation is done will allow you to establish your business easier and quicker.
The company formation process is about building and registering a new business in the zone. This process may take several working days, usually 3 or 5 days. As for how it is done, you can discover the steps of this process below. Besides, you will be able to read some more about the available Sharjah free zones and their benefits.
Here you can learn about the company formation process in Ras Al Khaimah Free Zone and RAKEZ.
2. How many free zones can you find in the Sharjah emirate?
Before you start forming a company, you must determine what Sharjah Free Zone is the most convenient for you. Therefore, here you’ll find some of the most outstanding free zones in which you can form your company. Remember to take into consideration the types of industries, sectors, and business activities that each free zone allows.
2.1. Sharjah Airport International Free Zone (SAIF)
This is probably the most popular Sharjah Free Zone since its foundation in 1995. Its excellent reputation and benefits are the main reasons why SAIF Zone is home to more than 8000 companies. Besides, it receives more and more new investors every day who reach success in a matter of time.
2.2. Sharjah Media City Free Zone (SHAMS)
On the other hand, you can also find the SHAMS free zone. In the UAE, most free zones have a variety of business activities available. However, SHAMS was specially established to allow the media sector to develop its activities. If you are planning to set up a media company, this is your best option in Sharjah.
2.3. Sharjah Publishing City Free Zone (SPCFZ)
If you’re interested in establishing a company related to the publishing or printing industry, this is your best option. Sharjah Publishing City dedicates its space and services to the media sector, specifically to the industries previously mentioned. Here you can develop business activities such as writing, publishing, designing, printing, and many others.
2.4. Hamriyah Free Zone Authority (HFZA)
This outstanding free zone was established in 1995 and today more than 6500 companies develop their activities here. Here you will be able to join any of the many available industries. For example, you can join industries like logistics, cosmetics, perfume, oil & gas, SMEs, or any other. Besides, HFZA will provide you with the company formation you need and proper facilities as well.
Here you can learn more about free zones located in Sharjah and other northern emirates.
3. The information you need about Sharjah Airport International Free Zone.
Since this free zone is probably the most outstanding one, let’s take a deeper look at its information. Here you’ll have many advantages and support services to boost your business exponentially. This free zone offers state-of-the-art warehouse facilities, a wide range of plots and land to cater to, and more.
You’ll find SAIF Zone 10 minutes away from Sharjah City Centre and 20 minutes from Dubai. In addition, you will have access to many ports, and the nearest one is 30 minutes away. Also, it is considered the greenest free zone in the UAE. Now, let’s see what other benefits can be obtained here.
4. What advantages can investors obtain in Sharjah Free Zone?
If you decide to set up your company here, you will obtain the following benefits and advantages:
- Sole ownership for your foreign company. There will not be any involvement of outsiders in your company.
- Total exemption from personal and corporate taxes.
- Full repatriation of profits and capital.
- Total exemption from import and export customs duty.
- Easy access to big ports, such as the Sharjah International Airport.
- Easy access to an affordable workforce. All recruitment procedures are also easy and quick.
- World-class infrastructure and the required platforms to develop your business activities.
- The visa facility is available for all investors. You can apply for visas for your relatives and staff.
- No trade barriers. It means you are free to trade with other companies from all over the world without restrictions.
Here you can learn about the DED initiative to allow Dubai free zone companies to do business in Dubai mainland.
5. Types of business licenses available in SAIF Zone.
Depending on the nature of your business, you must apply for any of the available licenses in Sharjah. You can find a variety of business licenses in any Sharjah Free Zone. However, you should obtain more information about each one before applying for them. Let’s take a look at the details of the available business licenses in SAIF Zone:
- Trade license: this license can be divided into two types. Firstly, you can find the standard commercial license. And secondly, you can find the general trading license. Both of them can only be obtained under the trade license. Now let’s see what you can do with these licenses.
- Commercial license: this license allows you to cover certain business activities. For instance, you can import, export, distribute, consolidate, and store your items. However, there is a maximum limit of 3 similar product lines.
- General trading license: on the other hand, with the general trading license you can cover a larger number of products. Nonetheless, it is important to mention that you can obtain this license under a commercial license. Some of the business activities you can perform with this license are importing, exporting, re-exporting, distributing, warehousing, or storage.
- Industrial license: if you apply for this license, you will be able to perform industrial activities. For instance, you can import raw materials to manufacture, process, assemble, package, and export finished products.
- Service license: in case you need to carry out a services business, you will need this license. This license allows investors to operate businesses like business consultancy, services, shipping, freight forwarding, e-commerce, etc. However, you must determine the services you will carry out, and then your license will specify them. You can only offer the services that your license specifies. Also, all services are allowed, unless the local authorities restrict them.
Here you can find the information you need to know about the trade license in Dubai.
6. How much does the business license cost in SAIF Zone?
Regarding the Sharjah free zone license cost, it will vary depending on the type of business license you choose. For instance, the trading and service licenses can cost AED 13,500 approximately. On the other hand, the general trading license costs around AED 15,000. In case you need the industrial license, you would pay AED 7,500 approximately.
Here you can learn about the free zone company setup cost in Dubai free zones.
7. How can investors complete the company formation process?
You can complete the company formation process in Sharjah Free Zone personally or with Power of Attorney holders. In both cases, there are several steps that must be followed in order to complete the process. These are the steps to set up a business in Sharjah:
- Choose your business activities and a proper name for your company. Remember to follow the rules when formulating a name for the company.
- Submit the required documents and apply for your license. For the incorporation process, you will need to provide your passport and a copy of it. Also, you must provide your residential address, phone number, and email.
- The SAIF Zone Authorities will issue some documents. These are the certification of incorporation, license, share certificate, lease agreement, investment service agreement, and Memorandum & Articles of Association.
- Receive the issued documents and open a corporate bank account.
If you need it, you can request help from a business setup consultant to complete the setup process.
Here you can learn more facts about the company setup process in Sharjah Airport International Free Zone.
8. Tips you can follow to set up your company efficiently in a Sharjah free zone.
When you start forming your business, you can follow these recommendations to successfully complete your setup process:
- Select your business facilities according to the nature of your business. Remember you can choose between SAIF offices, warehouses, plots of land, labor accommodation, and more options.
- Choose a location where you can find more potential customers. For example, if you want to establish a food business, choosing the most crowded locations is a good decision.
- Analyze each free zone before selecting the one in which you will set up your company. Remember that some free zones are dedicated to specific business sectors and industries.
- Avoid sensitive content when selecting a name for your business.
- If you need professional guidance, do not hesitate on asking for help. You can establish your company with a business setup partner’s help.
9. How can Connectfz help you set up your business in Sharjah?
Before getting started, you need to select the most suitable Sharjah Free Zone for your company. With our help, you can obtain more information about each free zone and its details. In other words, we can help you choose the ideal free zone to fulfill your business requirements and needs.
Having a business partner like Connectfz can also help you to speed up the company formation process. Get in touch, request our services and your business will be ready to start operating efficiently. Moreover, your company can become even more profitable and beneficial with other services that we offer you.
Among our many business services, you can request our banking services and UAE market entry. In addition, you make improvements in your HR department with services like HR consultancy, payroll, and more. On the other hand, if you need to hire more workers, you can request recruitment or staff outsourcing services.
Would you like to contact Connectfz to know more about the company formation process in free zones located in Sharjah? If you have any questions, call us on +97143316688. You can email us at email@example.com, and you will talk to one of our representatives who will answer your questions.