With UAE visa check by passport number, you will be more confident that your visa is in process. Also, know exactly if it was approved, rejected, or if it is still in the queue. Therefore, you will be safer and more prepared for any adverse situation that may arise.
In this article, we will show you how to check visa status using passport number in UAE easily. Likewise, you can learn the different methods to do the checkup online and offline.
Check the status of your visa using passport number
To do UAE visa check by passport number, you can simply use the GDRFA app. In this case, this authority launched the application so that expatriates can carry out operations with their visas. Therefore, if you want to carry out the process quickly and easily, download the said application on your smartphone.
Easy Steps to Check Visa Status via Passport on Mobile App
You can find out the status of your UAE visa with the official GDRFA application through the following steps:
- Open the app and then select SERVICES.
- Next, select ENTRY PERMIT / RESIDENCE STATE.
- Choose RESIDENCE CONSULTATION.
- Next, you will need to enter your details, making sure to enter them correctly.
- Finally, you must select CONSULTATION.
By correctly entering your data, you will be able to see the status of your visa, as well as other relevant details. This way, you can verify the following information:
- Full name
- UAE visa expiry date
- Type of visa
- Visa number
Also, for UAE visa check by passport number, you will not need to register. However, in each method, you must have your passport or a digital or physical copy of it on hand so as not to lose the original. This way you can carry out the verification anywhere and anytime just by connecting to the internet.
How can you Check your Dubai Visa Using Just your Passport Number?
If you want to know how to check UAE visa status using passport number, we will show you various methods. Thus, you can use the one that suits you since each of them is simple and effective.
Verify Dubai Visa: Easy Steps Using Your Passport Number
Checking the status of your visa only using your passport is possible on the website of the immigration authorities. However, as we have mentioned, the process is very simple and only requires a few steps. Next, we will show you the necessary steps to verify the status of your visa regardless of what type it is:
- Go to the website of the authorities that issue UAE visas.
- Then, you must look for the section titled VISA STATUS, which can be found in MORE SERVICES
- Next, you will need to click on START SERVICE.
- UAE visa verification page by passport number. In it, you must fill out the form with the following information:
- Passport number
- Visa application number
- Payment date
- Transaction number
- Please verify the data entered to ensure that all information is correct.
- Then complete the captcha correctly.
- Finally, select SEND
After completing each of the steps, you will be able to see the status of your application on the screen. In this case, you will be able to know all the information in said document and make sure that everything is correct.
Dubai Visa Inquiry: Passport-Based Status Check Explained Simply
There is another way how to check visa status using passport number UAE. In this case, you can use the ICA intelligent services website to find out the information you need about your document. We will explain the entire process below:
Dubai Visa Status: Simplified Passport-Based Inquiry Process Guide
Remember to have your passport or a digital or physical copy of it on hand to carry out verification. Hence, UAE visa check by passport number consists of the following steps:
- To get started, go to the ICA smart services website ( https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/fileValidity).
- If you consider it necessary, you can change the language to English in the CHANGE LANGUAGE section.
- Next, you will need to select PASSPORT INFORMATION.
- You must select the type of document between VISA or RESIDENCE.
- Next, you will need to enter your passport number and its expiration date. However, if you are a UAE resident, you will be able to enter your Emirates ID.
- Select your nationality.
- Complete the captcha correctly.
- Finally, click on the search tab.
After you have entered your information correctly, you will be able to complete the verification process. In this case, you will be able to see the relevant data as with the other checking methods. For example, you will be able to see the expiration date of your visa and take appropriate precautions.
Understanding Dubai Visa: Streamlined Passport-Based Inquiry Explained Simply
We have already mentioned how to check visa status in UAE using passport number with various methods. However, the above are digital methods, now we will explain how to check your visa status in another way. In this case, you can consult one of the following authorities, depending on the emirate in which you obtained your visa:
- General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) to check your visa status in Dubai.
- Federal Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security Authority (ICP) for Visas obtained in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, and Umm Al Quwain.
UAE visa check by passport number in Person
You can opt for UAE visa check by passport number offline and easily. We will detail the steps you must follow to complete the process below:
- Enter the GDRFA website (Dubai) or the ICP website (for the other Emirates)
- Get the appropriate phone number or email address of the appropriate authority.
- Then, use one of the means mentioned to communicate with them.
- Inquire directly about your visa status
- Provide the information requested, including the passport number, the application reference number, or other relevant information.
- Likewise, you can go to the UAE embassy in your home country with the relevant documents to know the status of your visa.
- Once at the embassy, go to the immigration section with your documents for verification.
However, please contact the UAE embassy in good time before coming to check the visa status. This is because the approval process can take a few days, depending on the type of visa and other factors.
Common issues related to UAE visa check by passport number
UAE visa check by passport number is simple, although certain inconveniences may arise. Below, you will see what problems may arise when you make the query:
- Information is missing. If you do not enter all the required information during the process, you will not be able to verify the status of your document. Thus, be sure to include all the information that authorities require to complete the verification.
- Incorrect information. One of the aspects that we emphasize in each process is the verification of the data entered into the system. Although it may seem hard to believe, this is one of the most common problems in the visa-checking process. One of the incorrect data that causes this inconvenience is the passport number but also other personal data.
- Technical drawbacks. Although it doesn’t happen very often, there may be technical problems that prevent you from properly checking your visa status. This may be due to maintenance on the system or updates to it. However, you can wait an adequate amount of time and if the problem continues, report it to the authorities.
- Lack of documents. If you wish to make the consultation in person or offline, you must have all the corresponding documentation. Therefore, if you are missing any documents, you will not be able to complete the visa status inquiry process.
- Language problems. The process of how to check visa status using passport number in UAE may be more difficult because of the language. In this case, you can ask someone who understands for help or seek professional advice.
The validity period of some UAE visas
In the UAE there are different types of visas that you can apply for, with their corresponding requirements and validity. Thus, the type of visa will define the length of stay in the country for foreigners. Next, you will learn about the different types of visit visas that you can apply for to enter and stay in the UAE.
- 48-hour visa. In this case, it allows you a stay during this period, which is ideal for one-time transit.
- 96 hour visa. As its name indicates, you will be able to remain in the country during that time without the possibility of an extension.
- Single Entry Tourist Visa. This visa is valid for 6 months, which can be extended by 30 days twice. Furthermore, the said visa allows you to stay in the UAE for 30 days.
- Multiple Entry Tourist Visa. Like the previous one, this visa allows a stay of 30 days from arrival and can be extended twice for 30 days each.
- Single Entry Long-Term Tourist Visa. With this type of visa, you can stay 60 days from the date of arrival and allow single entry.
- Long-term, multiple-entry visit visa. This is valid for 60 days from the first entry and you can enter multiple times.
Renewing your visa
Knowing how to check UAE visa status using passport number will help you know if you need to renew your visa. However, the process is not unique for all types of visas, as it depends on the visa and the purpose of the extension. Nevertheless, the process generally consists of submitting documents, paying fees, and waiting for approval.
As we mentioned in the previous section, you can renew a tourist or visit visa for 30 days if you are approved. Also, for certain types of visas, you will be able to obtain a second renewal under the same conditions. However, you will not be able to extend certain types of visas, so you must leave the country before their expiration to avoid fines.
Likewise, the authorities do not allow the renewal of visas with a duration of more than 6 months until now. In this case, you will have to leave the UAE once the visa expires or you will have 6 months to renew it.
Visa application rejected
The UAE authorities may reject your visa application due to various situations. The most relevant are non-compliance with the eligibility criteria and lack of documents, among others. However, if your request is rejected, you can guide yourself through the steps we will describe below:
- To begin, you will need to contact the UAE embassy either in person, by phone call, or by email. This way, you will be able to perform UAE visa check by passport number and know the reason for rejection.
- Ask for minute details of the reason for rejection so you can understand any mistakes you may have made. This way you can rectify them as much as possible before making a new request.
- Please ensure you meet the eligibility criteria and correct all flaws in the previous application.
- Finally, apply again for a UAE visa, although this time your chances of obtaining one increase.
In this way, you should know how to check visa status in UAE using passport number. If you do so, you will be able to pay attention to any circumstance or inconvenience through periodic consultations. This way you can plan your trip to the Emirates in detail and carefully without any complications.
Also, be sure to get travel insurance to cover any unforeseen events during your trip and stay in the country. In this way, the insurance will cover losses of travel funds, passport, and even medical emergencies.
As you may have noticed, UAE visa check by passport number is a must to stay informed. This way you can avoid inconveniences before or during your trip to the country, plus it is a very simple process. In this sense, you can use the various methods mentioned in the article depending on your situation and possibilities.
However, if you want more detailed information regarding the inquiry or visa types in UAE, you can contact us immediately.